How can our Centre for Environmental Justice help you?
CLM’s Centre for Environmental Justice was launched by Mary Robinson in February 2021 and is the first of its kind in Ireland.
We offer free legal advice and representation, provide community education and training, and advocate for a rights-based approach to policy and law reform in the area of environmental justice.
How can we help you?
We offer a range of services which can possibly help you. These services include:
Free legal advice clinics on environmental justice:
These clinics run on a monthly basis and can assist with a range of queries, including:
- Health concerns arising from air or water pollution or illegal dumping,
- Poor sanitation or access to clean water,
- Poor housing conditions (cold, damp),
- Homes at risk of flooding,
- Lack of access to green space, parks etc.,
- Noise pollution,
- Energy costs and access to retrofitting schemes or fuel allowance,
- Difficulty accessing information on environmental issues.
Phone 01 847 7804 or email email@example.com to book a free consultation with a solicitor.
Training and information resources for community and environmental groups:
We deliver environmental justice training to build capacity among organisations, community groups, and activists.
Follow us on social media and sign up to our mailing list to learn more.
Contact us on 01 847 7804 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how we can help.
Environmental Rights Webinar Series:
Watch it back:
- Why is access to environmental information a critically important right?
- What does public participation in “environmental decision-making” mean?
- When is it necessary to bring legal cases to protect environmental rights – and who gets to go to Court?
Preparing submissions for the public consultation on a national Clean Air Strategy:
Watch it back:
- Preparing submissions to public consultation on the development of a national Clean Air Strategy (deadline for receipt of submissions 3rd May 2022).
- Webinar on Energy Poverty in Ireland
- Webinar on Know Your Environmental Rights – at the Local Level
- Webinar on Climate Justice in Ireland
- Joint Statement on Energy Poverty
- Joint letter with JFCJ on affordability of active travel
- Year One in Review – First Year of the CEJ
- Submission to the Citizens’ Assembly on Biodiversity Loss
- Open letter on Just Transition Alliance
- Year Two in Review – Second Year of the CEJ
Our vision in the Centre for Environmental Justice rests on the full realisation of fundamental rights for all, ensuring people’s needs are met within a socially just and ecologically sustainable economy and society.
We seek to advance legislative and policy change through strategic casework and law reform. Read about our policy work and submissions here.
How can I get involved?
If you have an idea for a project or a collaboration with the Centre for Environmental Justice, we would love to hear from you. Please email us at email@example.com
Check out this map of climate and environmental activist groups around the country to find a network near you.
Learn more about environmental justice issues in Ireland through our report with DCU and through our Manual for Environmental Justice Toolkit.
I can’t be more thankful for all the help received from this service. Truly great service and lovely people to deal with. Felt listened to from the start and received help and ongoing support throughout the whole thing, as well as follow up to see if the issue had been resolved.
In this section