Part-time Mediation Administrator
April 28, 2022
We are seeking a part-time mediation administrator to join our mediation team. The deadline for applications is Friday 6th May at 5pm.
|Job Title||Part- time Mediation Administrator|
|Employer||Community Law & Mediation (CLM)|
|Reports to||Mediation Manager|
|Hours||20.5 hours per week*, as follows:|
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 9.30 to 1pm, Wednesday 9.30 to 5pm.
*CLM is open to flexibility on how these hours are worked.
|Duration of Contract||Permanent (subject to funding)|
|Location||CLM Offices, Northside Civic Centre, Bunratty Rd, Coolock, Dublin 17. |
CLM is flexible in relation to remote working.
5pm, Friday 6 May 2022
Community Law & Mediation (CLM) is a community based, independent law centre providing services nationwide and operating in two locations: Dublin and Limerick. It was founded in 1975 and assists more than 4,000 people annually through its services, which include free legal advice and representation; information and education; and mediation and conflict coaching. CLM also campaigns for law reform, and for the safeguarding of rights already enshrined in law.
CLM’s Mediation Service was established in 2004 to address the need in the community for an alternative dispute resolution process to the legal system, which can be expensive, protracted, and difficult to access. Mediation is particularly valuable in situations where relationships matter e.g., in the neighbourhood, family and workplace. CLM’s Mediation Service is provided by 53 volunteer mediators, all accredited with the Mediators’ Institute of Ireland (MII), with CLM providing administration, governance and training support.
For further information, please visit our website at
Reporting into the Mediation Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
· Coordinating mediation & conflict coaching cases from initial enquiry stage through to final agreement i.e. taking details from clients over the phone, assigning mediators to cases, saving paperwork to relevant files.
· Entry of relevant information to Keyhouse, CLM’s case management system.
· Provide administration support for CLM volunteer mediator training e.g. room booking, issuing end of year certificates etc
· Reception cover and any other admin duties required by the mediation manager.
· A minimum of 3 years administrative experience working in a busy office environment.
· Excellent administration and time management skills.
· Experience in using Word, Excel and other MS office packages.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients & volunteers.
· Proven ability to plan and prioritise work in terms of importance, timescales, and other events.
· Experience of using client management systems or databases.
· Experience of working within the not for profit/Community/Voluntary sector.
· Knowledge of Mediation and Conflict Resolution services.
Please fill in and return this application form to Ros Palmer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm, Friday 6 May 2022.
To view CLM’s fair processing notice, please click here.
Community Law & Mediation is an equal opportunities employer.
Please direct any questions to CLM’s Mediation Manager, Ros Palmer: email@example.com