Public Bodies’ Statutory Duty to Eliminate Discrimination, Promote Equality, and Protect Human Rights of Staff and Service Users
Community Law & Mediation is running a public sector training suitable for all public servants. The aim of this training is to upskill public servants in the areas of human rights, discrimination and equality.
What does this training cover?
There are a range of topics covered during this 3-hour training, including:
- Who the duty applies to,
- Equality and Human Rights Sources:
- Equality Legislation
- Constitutional Rights
- European Convention on Human Rights
- Other International Treaties and Conventions,
- Implementing the duty in a public body,
- The role of the Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission in promoting and monitoring the implementation of the duty,
- Accountability of public bodies in implementing the duty,
- Pilot Case Studies.
Date, Time and Location:
Date: Thursday, the 31st of August 2023
Time: 10am – 1pm
Location: Zoom (link shared once you register interest in the course as below)
Cost: Free (only 2 people per organisation)
There will be a maximum of 30 people on the training in order to facilitate discussion. We recommend that you register your interest as soon as possible to secure your place on this training.
How to Register:
To book your place, please send an email to Ros Palmer at firstname.lastname@example.org
*This course is funded by the Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission